February, 2022 meeting minutes

Board meeting minutes of February 21, 2022

Chairman Anderson called the meeting to order at 7pm at the Stanton Town Shop, Knapp, WI.

Present:  Chairman Anderson, Supervisors Karl Hackbarth and Steve Nielsen, Maintenance Kevin Finder, Clerk-Treasurer Valerie Windsor. Joe Atwood, building inspector.

Pledge of Allegiance

Motion to approve January 17, 2022 minutes was made by K. Hackbarth, 2nd by S. Nielsen.  Approved.

Treasurer’s Report:         Balance as of January 1, 2022            $10,046.93

January Receipts                                $143,149.46

Less January Disbursements            $148,913.69

Book balance as of Jan. 31, 2022        $4,282.70

Motion to approve Treasurer’s Report as mailed was made by S. Nielsen, 2nd by K. Hackbarth. Approved.

Motion to approve Vouchers and Checks was made by B. Anderson, 2nd by S. Nielsen. Approved.

Maintenance Report:  Railroad Drive will become an issue, as they have everything plugged up.  As it starts to thaw it will be a mess.

Some road signs have been stolen, Kevin ordered more.

Kevin will be going to a Miners Safety Class next Wednesday.

Chairman Report:  Making progress on the Ambulance District.  There was a closed session meeting, things are moving forward.

Supervisor Reports:  Some discussion on the ambulance board meetings.

Clerk-Treasurer Report:  None

Building Permits:  George Lewis, Jason McNamara, Stacy Bennett, Josh Edhlund, Sam Voelker, Tim Stauffer

Committee Reports:  See Ambulance in the chairman report

New Business:  Bag Sale increase—Proposal by Karl to raise the price to $3/bag.  Some discussion on this.  Motion was made by B. Anderson to raise the bag price to $3, effective March 1, 2022, 2nd by S. Nielsen.  Approved.  Steve will stop at the Knapp gas station and make sure they know.

Kevin has talked with Lisa, Green for Life. She used to be with Waste Management and is aware of when our contract is due (End of June, 2022).  Val will contact her and see what we need to do to end our contract with Waste Management so we are free to get proposals from others.  Val will get an ad in the paper for proposals to be brought and opened and possibly awarded at the April 18th meeting.

Joe Atwood asked a few questions about our ARPA funds.  We have allocated those funds to 24-7 for the fiber optic lines to be run for better internet service in our area.

Motion to adjourn meeting was made by B. Anderson, 2nd by S. Nielsen.  Approved.

Meeting adjourned at 7:43pm