October, 2019 meeting minutes


Board Meeting minutes of October 20, 2019

Chairman Anderson called the meeting to order at 7pm at the Stanton Town Shop, Knapp, WI.

Present: Chairman Anderson, Supervisors Karl Hackbarth and Steve Nielsen, Maintenance Kevin Finder, Clerk-Treasurer Val Windsor

Motion to approve September minutes as mailed was made by K. Hackbarth, 2nd by S. Nielsen.  Approved.

Treasurer’s Report:         Balance on hand, Sept 1, 2019                        107,463.68

September Receipts                                              2,460.86

Less September Disbursements                        15,101.20

Book Balance as of September 30, 2019         94,823.34

Motion to approve Treasurer’s Report as mailed was made by S. Nielsen, 2nd by B. Anderson. Approved.

Motion to approve Vouchers and Checks was made by B. Anderson, 2nd by K. Hackbarth.  Approved.

Maintenance Report: Checked with Advanced Disposal, it will end up costing us $853.00 for dumpster for tires.  If he takes them to Menomonie by the ton it was $250.00/ton.  Kevin is wondering if we should raise the cost of getting rid of tires for the next roll off.  We will raise the price to $4 without rims and $5 with rims.

Talked to Davis on 810th culvert, he will get it cleaned out.

Mixing salt/sand within a week at the county. Kevin will talk to Davis about hauling it and Karl will talk with his son Adam to see about hauling it. Kevin will need approximately 600 ton total.

Kevin called the “mower man” and hasn’t been able to reach him. He will keep trying.

Kevin and Bob went to the LRIP meeting. They came back and discussed the worst roads and tried to prioritize.  They would like to do 1 ¼ miles  in 2020 and do the second mile in 2021 on 770th.  We need to have a 2 year plan in place for LRIP.  In 2022 we would do a box culvert on 930th and maintenance work.  This is only the “proposed” road work.  It could change due to weather and unforeseen things happening.

Motion to approve the LRIP road plan was made by B. Anderson, 2nd by S. Nielsen.  Approved.

Chairman Report: Road funding is 90/10.  There are grants available for municipality road work.  We will apply for these grants.  There is a meeting in November that Bob will go to and see what needs to be done with applying for this.

Boyceville Fire and Ambulance meetings. They sent out the assessments for 2020. New fire building:   Concrete is poured and drywall is up, finishing up electrical, garage doors will be in next week.  They are still planning to black top this year yet.  Move in date is still planned for end of November.

The Boyceville Community Fire District Agreement needs to be rewritten and updated. It was last signed in August, 2012.

Supervisor Reports: ATV trails will not be closed down, they got things figured out with signage and such.

Clerk-Treasurer Report: None

Committee Reports: See chairman report above.

New Business: Preliminary Budget review for 2020. Went over line items to decide on road expenses. Val will finish up the numbers on the budget for next month.  We will not be raising the levy for 2020.

Motion to approve Preliminary budget was made by B. Anderson, 2nd by K. Hackbarth. Approved.

Motion was made by B. Anderson, 2nd by S. Nielsen to adjourn meeting.  Meeting adjourned at 8:10pm.